Wednesday 28 March 2012

Another of my Lists

I think I've done a post like this before... can't remember....so... here's another!!

Stuff I've learnt since becoming a mum:

  • A toddler will do pretty much anything for a biscuit
  • Crying doesn't hurt babies. Just parents
  • You know how at weddings there's always someone at the back out of earshot jiggling a baby? That's me that is
  • It's perfectly acceptable to wash your hair twice a week. If that
  • It is possible to be manically busy and bored to death at the same time
  • Dummies and television are necessary evils. Necessary if you ever fancy having a poo
  • A muslin under a sickly baby's head will reduce the need to change the entire cot puke-by-puke
  • Getting ready for work does not take an hour. Or even 15 minutes. And can be done largely in the car
  • I am a naturally pessimistic person. My husband is naturally optimistic. This is a good thing
  • I can do a lot more than I think I can
  • Remote controls, old mobile phones and computer keyboards make the best toys
  • You are allowed to wake your baby up for a feed. It's your baby
  • I will always, always look just a little bit pregnant
  • There are times when only a long scream into a pillow is going to make me feel better
  • The only people who understand about having twins are people who have twins
  • Guilt and motherhood go hand-in-hand. I don't know why, but that's the rule
  • Polishing off your children's meals is your right as their mother
  • Newborn twins settle better in the same cot
  • It is possible to bounce one baby in a bouncy chair, whilst the other baby is strapped to your chest and eat a piece of chocolate cake at the same time. Fact
  • Days out are never as bad as you think they are going to be (it's the ones you think are going to be a breeze that you need to worry about)
  • Fresh air and caffeine can heal a sleep-deprived mind
  • A double buggy that is comfortable for your babies is more important than one that looks pretty
  • Don't start rocking your baby to sleep if you don't want to be still rocking them when they are two
  • When things get fractious between you and your husband, stop and have a cuddle
I'm hoping I've learnt more than that, but that's all I can think of at the moment! Maybe some life-altering epiphany will occur to me as I gaze at my sleeping angels in their cots tonight... Or maybe I'll be downstairs chugging wine and writing self-indulgent blog posts instead; who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment